Today, I just want to jot down a few things. I feel like Leah's growth has suddenly lept into hyperdrive (or warp drive or whatever science-fiction term you prefer) in the last month or two. Maybe it's because I am paying more attention to it with the new baby's approaching due date and all, but I'm finding myself constantly amazed at how quickly my sweet little baby is growing up.
So Leah, here are some things I don't want to forget:
1. The other evening when we were sitting down to dinner and you carried your baby doll over to the couch, set her down, covered her face with a cloth and told us, "Shhhhh! Nigh-night. Shhhhh." You continued to shush us and point at your sleeping doll during the meal.
2. That instead of saying book, you say boop.
3. The way you point and say, "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh" whenever someone dives under the water.
4. You sometimes pretend to eat daddy's toes just like he pretends to nibble on yours.
5. The way you try to climb on anything and everything and how you usually succeed.
6. The day you were looking at pictures of your aunts, uncles and grandparents with me on the computer (which you love to do) and you suddenly got sad and frustrated. You hopped off of my lap, ran to the door and wanted to go see all those people. You really missed them.
7. The way you fall asleep with daddy and the way you feel his face and shoulders as you drift off to sleep with him.
8. You have started to use words (or your versions of words) so much more and are constantly naming things that you see or hear. I love it when you randomly point at me and say, "Mama."
9. The way you say, "Ohhhh wooooowwww" when something impresses you.
I love you little Leah and oh, how I enjoy you.
I miss you guys so much!! best post yet becca!!
ReplyDeleteOh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
These are all ADORABLE. Except #4. If Leah ever tries to eat my toes....
ReplyDelete