Monday, July 21, 2014

A very belated announcement

On May 15th at 9:29pm, Henry Ransom Bird was born!  He weighed a healthy 9 lbs. 9 oz. and measured about 19.5 inches long.  He was a little stinker and arrived on the night that his Daddy went back to work (after having 8 days off waiting for baby!).  Poor Joe missed the birth by just an hour!  But, Henry and I were so happy to greet Joe when he finally got home.  Lucky for me, Nanny was here to save the day and watch L and B.  This was our first home birth and I am so grateful for it and for the midwives who took good care of me.


Baby still in!  Henry was one week "late", just like his big sister.

Meeting their little brother.  Only minutes old.


Daddy meets son!
  

The boys!
  






As soon as Leah climbed up onto the bed to meet her newest sibling, she asked, "Is it a boy or a girl?"  When I told her the baby was a boy, she immediately exclaimed, "Oh I just love my new baby brother!"




Ben gifting his gun to little Hank.  (This made me smile because my big brother gave me his toy gun when I was born.  Thanks, Steve!)
 
 In those first couple days, Henry got to meet Nanny, lots of cousins, and Aunts and Uncles.  He was also treated to quite a few serenades and a plethora of kisses from L and B.    He is so very loved.





2 comments:

  1. It's never too late to post good news. We can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so perfect! I'm about to buy my ticket to Bonnie's wedding- look out, Henry Ransom! You're going to get the daylights smooched out of you!

    ReplyDelete