Leah has been spending lots of time at the pool and has, just in the last couple days, mastered jumping/walking into the deep water all by herself. I wish you all could witness this for yourselves because she looks so funny when she does it. She usually "counts" for herself..."two two go!!" And then plops into the water with her big eyes open and this giant grin on her face. She kicks and wiggles and continues to smile until you lift her out of the water. It's awesome.
Actually, on second thought, maybe it's not so awesome. This fearlessness (and lack of ability to get herself back out of the water) makes me a little more nervous to attempt bringing Leah and a new baby to the pool.
For now though, it's pretty cool.
I don't think I captured it very well, but here's a picture and video of her at the pool yesterday:
Becca that is amazing! My 5 year old is just getting comfortable with going under so I bet Leah will be an early swimmer!!!
ReplyDelete